Friday, April 12, 2013

MQX Day 2

Two posts in two days... Oh my...What a day! I started with a walking tour of the winning quilts given by Cathy Wiggins. It was wonderful to hear and see exactly why one quilt won and another got second or an honorable mention, or no ribbon at all.

Especially when this is a winner in one category...








This is the winner in another category...




This is best of show...





The pictures should enlarge to give you a better idea of the incredible workmanship on these quilts. Deciding on winners is a job I would not want.

Other pictures will be coming as I get them sorted and edited.

My class with Judy Woodworth was great. W learned a lot about design and composition and actually drew some beginning wholecloth designs. It's hard to believe that something like this


is the beginning of something like this.


And I finally got pictures of our "spoils of war". Faye and I were fairly restrained, but we may have a small thread habit starting...

Faye's treasures from yesterday and today:

My additions to yesterdays goodies...

Do I see a common thread? No I see a lot of uncommon thread! OK, bad joke, but I'm tired and need to get to bed. Tomorrow we finish any odds and ends and head home. The only question is... is there room in the suitcase?

 




Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!

leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
www.TheCraftyUnicorn.com

No comments: