Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday 4-4-12

There is "Design Wall Monday" over at Judy-L's blog, but I always seem to miss it, Soooooo how about Work-in-Progress Wednesday? It has a nice ring to it and I can share not just my WIPs, but what's going on in class as well.

The Tuesday night girls are doing a quilt I designed- Mariner's Medallion. And it always amazes me to see a quilt that was just an idea in my head turn into real quilts. AND how different the tops are. The quilts are spread on our "design floor" also known as the high school hallway, but hey...it works.

Jennifer is our over-achiever this semester. (There's one in every crowd)  She has been sewing rows together as we go along. At this rate she will have the top together and borders on by next week.

Faye is doing a country look for this one. The quilt will be a gift, Faye has very lucky relatives. The flying geese are actually red, but you know how strange flash lighting can be. 

And then there's Brenda's... She dug into her collection of oriental fabrics and teamed it with a black background. Rich and sumptuous are the words that come to mind.


I didn't get my top laid out, but this is the center medallion we will be doing next week. Yes it's paper piecing, but on a grand scale...that compass will finish at 24"


After doing two Bonnie Hunter quilts  these 12" blocks seem  huge... fast...but huge. And you only make six or eight, maybe twelve of each... not hundreds! Nice for a little change of pace.

So there you have it. A quick update, now back to work!







Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!
leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
http://www.thecraftyunicorn.com/

2 comments:

Kristy QP said...

Wow these are looking so great! Love how just different fabrics can make such a big difference in a quilt top :)

Anonymous said...

Loving that mariner's compass, can't wait to start that one. That will put the pizzazz in those country colors.
Faye