Sunday, April 08, 2012

Want some cheese with that Whine?

You know it's been a long week when it takes 3 days to get 1 hour of quilting done on a baby quilt! That's the way the week went. Nothing tragic, just appointments and bizarre interruptions. I finally got the baby quilt quilted  Friday night (still need to do the binding(Edit: the binding is now done) and was planning to start bright and early Saturday on the sampler from the same customer. (Pictures of the sampler will be posted soon)

Well, the dogs had other ideas, and after cleaning up THOSE messes, I'm at the shop ready to go... Machine cleaned, threads chosen, there will be a new color on the back, so I'll wind some bobbins and get quilting... But the bobbin winder has other ideas...



OK, how hard can it be to find a little rubber widget? Harder than you think, and to order one from the company will be a hideous amount of money, plus a $5.00 handling fee, $6.00 shipping and at least a week in the mail... What's a girl to do? Improvise...


This is automotive fuel line... A 1" piece seems to be working and at $1.50 per foot I can replace it as often as I need to. So, I only wasted half a day with pesky stuff and of course soothing my frustration with chocolate was also allowed...

Chocolate Raspberry cake from our local bakery Bohemian Mama's will certainly do the trick. So, by 12:30 I was FINALLY settling in to quilt. Geez... some days! (Edit: I got most of the sampler quilted on Saturday and finshed it on Sunday. Just the binding left now)


On a brighter note, the girls in the Wednesday night Quilting 101 class have half their blocks done so it's time for a little show and tell. Two of them got out before I got pictures, I'll get them next week.

Paula's squares are laid out on the fabric she plans to use for the sashing. The dark pink and green look great together.

Bethany is fussy cutting from some cute Labrador puppy fabric. This is her very first quilt.  We may have brainwashed interested another quilter.

Hope there were lots of chocolate eggs in everybody's Easter basket and lots of thread in your bobbin!




Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!
leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
http://www.thecraftyunicorn.com/

1 comment:

Brenda said...

So, now that you have learned a bit more about your machine and how to make it behave (good find of the automotive fuel line!! - that is almost worth the lost half day!!) you are doing good with your quilting!!

And it's good to find another to brainwash isn't it!!! ;-)