Monday, April 16, 2012

Design Wall Monday

And Surprise! It's on Monday!
Yesterday was one of those great days, I got so much done!
By 6 pm I had:
  • Made pancakes for breakfast
  • Made 3 loaves of sandwich bread for the week
  • Baked 2 "Artisan" loaves to go with soup for dinner. (one was already gone when the picture was taken)
  • Made a pie (canned filling and store bought crust, but hey, the oven was already hot)

  • Done the taxes (yes, I'm  last-minute Leslie)
  • And done the dishes...twice.
That may not seem like much for some people, but for me it's really good. So, after all that, I went to the store to do something for ME... And here they are... Just a little bit of the latest Just Takes 2 blocks. No it's not much but it's baby steps.

Another good thing... It's Daffodil Day. These were bright and cheerful yesterday morning when I came out.

For the last several years I have been helping out with a project a school in Atlanta does each year. They track the sighting of the first daffodil up the east coast from Florida to Maine. The letters arrive in November and I usually get to send my card back in late April or early May.

This card goes out today and I think this is the earliest I've ever sent it. In a month or so I'll get the results with the first and last sightings, rate of travel in days and miles per hour. It's fun to participate and a sneaky way for the teachers to teach geography, math and other stuff.

I also finally got some quilts finished for customers this week:
Rhonda made this cute sampler- the colors make me think of chocolate raspberry truffles

And I did a little custom stuff on it


And she also made this sweet one with a panel and some borders.



So Happy Monday to everyone and don't forget to go to Judy's blog check out the other  design walls.









Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!


leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
http://www.thecraftyunicorn.com/

1 comment:

Annie said...

I love the daffodil tracking idea!