Saturday, March 24, 2012

Saturday Sumation

Another week has whooshed by, but I do have a few things to show for it...
These are the blocks for the Tuesday night class quilt.

I always make several blocks as I'm writing instructions, but I don't always get all of them done. The girls are really good about being my guinea pigs  pattern testers, but I have an embarrassingly large stack of class PhDs (that's Projects Half Done)

Sheri's quilt "Gypsy" is hot off the machine today


Tera's Ribbon Stars quilt went home on Tuesday- No one does "bright" like Tera.

And Pat's Jamestown Landing that she did in class last semester. This is a Bonnie K. Hunter Quiltville pattern, so there are bazillions of pieces. But they look so good when they are done.


I have officially started the quilt for Mikey and Becca (my nephew and brand-new niece-in-law). The first four blocks are done. I have until their first anniversary to get it done, right? 


And I even got to release my inner Martha a bit. We were celebrating a birthday at  our Thursday night quilt group- Quilt-a-rama- and as the February birthday, I was in charge of the cake. Well I couldn't decide what type to get so I went off to the local bakery and got an assortment of goodies.

And what is a quilter to do with a bunch of squares in different colors?

Who says you can't have your quilt and eat it too? Happy Birthday Brenda.
Have a good weekend everyone.




Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!
leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
http://www.thecraftyunicorn.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, two posts in one day!! I am so proud of you, my friend. The quilts are magnificent, the cake was delicious...see you at Tuesday class.
Faye