Saturday, October 15, 2011

Eat, Sleep, Quilt, Repeat...

That is the routine here at Quilt Camp in Rangely. Faye & I got here about 2:00pm on Thursday, just as Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville.com was beginning her first workshop. We got right in and started working...


It has been great. The Inn is beautiful, the food is great and Bonnie Hunter is amazing. She did her trunk show and the pictures on the web and in her books do not do these quilts justice.



Faye and I are doing the Star Struck workshop and both of us will probably have a top finished before we leave. Yeah, it's not our usual size, but done (ready to quilt) is really good. This is Faye's top waiting for the first border.


This is some of my blocks on the design wall around lunchtime on Friday. As of bedtime (we won't say what time that was) on Friday I have 40-some blocks so Saturday I will put the rows together and do the borders.

The girls sitting across the table from us are doing the Texas Braid quilt. Those are their braid pieces hanging over the curtain rod. They even brought a mascot. That's Roscoe in the center.


Note: As of 1/21 this quilt is one step closer to finished...the backing is pieced and it is actually in line to be quilted!!!





Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!
leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
http://www.thecraftyunicorn.com/

No comments: