Thursday, September 08, 2011

Goodbye Summer

It seems to be official... Summer is over here in Maine. It's past Labor Day (just barely) and I actually turned the heater on in the store last night. It is just really hard to sew when you can't feel your fingers. Mostly it was just damp and chilly and the propane heater does a great job of chasing the chill, but it's the principle of the matter. Oh well, nothing I can do about it. Besides, the weather report is for really nice days after this dreariness clears out.

The quilt I just finished does a good job of keeping the feeling of summer in Maine. When this quilt came in, the person who dropped it off called it "the Ugly quilt" I will admit, the light lime green outer border it had at the time was not quite right. But... a change of border can do wonders...

It's hard to see in the picture, but the pink border picks up the pink in the flowers.
The medallions and the swirly stuff are all done in variegated thread.
 
I think it needs a new name now... 

What, with Labor day and back-to-school you want a nice easy clue for the mystery quilt this week...

OK, you win...

Remember those 3-piece units form step 5?

Swap positions of the top two and flip the bottom one around and you will have this
Sew the 3 rows together and you will have this

A shaded 9-patch block that should finish at 9-1/2". Although if you looked at the pressing directions in step 5 you probably already had it figured out. Clever you! But I bet I can still surprise you with what's still to come...





Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!
leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
www.TheCraftyUnicorn.com

3 comments:

Brenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brenda said...

I hate it when my fingers make up their own words!!
What I said was, I am glad this is an easy one - I have a wedding coming up and family on it's way, so no sewing here for a few days!!

I wounder what we are making!!!!

Sandie ~call me crazy said...

Ah-ha! I did guess this right~ but no idea what the past steps are going to be... I'll play. :-) Thanks for the fun!