Thursday, September 01, 2011

Better late than never

Yep, I'm running a bit late today. I could blame Hurricane Irene, or any of a number of other things, but the truth is, I just forgot today was Thursday. 

In my defense, I got involved last night in a cute customer quilt and a good audio book. I love audio books. It just amazes me that something this small can hold a full book and still have room for my somewhat eclectic collection of music. And it isn't even a big MP3 player- only a measly 2 GB. Tiny in today's terms. And best if all- it's red.

And this is the quilt that distracted me...
Dianne's Bits & Pieces- adorable, yes? And the quilting (that is hard to photograph) is interlocking circles in a pattern called 7-Treasures. It worked great.

So that's my story...and I'm stickin' to it...

Just a quick note about this week's clue.. it isn't difficult, but it does take some paying attention, so be sure your caffeine level is topped off first.

.
1. From your light fabrics, cut 32 rectangles 2-3/4" by 5"

Get out 32 accent/light HSTs from step 1 and 32 of the small control/light HSTs from step 3

Sew each accent HST to a control HST to make 16 pairs.

******* Note the mirror image orientation******
Add a light rectangle to one side of each double HST unit. Press to the rectangle.

The finished units should be 5". Square them up if necessary. See, not hard,
See you next week.




Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!
leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
www.TheCraftyUnicorn.com

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Well, you were not late for me!! I just got here myself so this is perfect timing!! ;-)

Love that quit Dianne made!! That would distract anyone - very pretty!!

Last week is when I forgot Thursday ment an new clue, so don't worry about forgetting what or why the day is!! It is my daughters first day of school this year, so, I was awake early - early enough to forget what day is is too, but I want to make a pillowcase (see if I can do it again!!) and that is why I am being motivated this morning - that and being awake early by an excited kid!! At least the first day they are ready to go.... lets see what next week brings!!

Okay, off to do a clue - I am so glad I have a week to do it in~!! Thank-You!!!

Sandie ~call me crazy said...

Not late at all~ I'm on the other coast and I was pretty lazy this morning. LOL I thought I had an idea what you were up to, but now I'm back to confusion. ;-) I think I can handle this week~ at least the HST's are already made! Thanks for the fun! Have a happy day!

Amy said...

I ran errands all morning so now I can sew this afternoon! Dianne's quilt is lovely!