Thursday, August 18, 2011

Happy Thursday

Are we all ready for Step 6? I know back to school is starting for some folks and as we can all sing with the  Staples commercial ... It's the most wonderful time of the year... for parents at least! So there is another pretty easy week this week

But first I'd like to give out a bit of eye candy. This quilt had lots of visitors before and while it was on the frame. It is made from the book Japanese Taupe Quilts: 125 Blocks in Calm Neutral Colors by Susan Briscoe .

To give you an idea of how amazing this quilt is... those are all 9" blocks! It was hard to pick my favorites.

The light part of the Greek key is only 1/4" wide. I think there was more seam allowance than what actually showed.

There is lots of quilting in the center blocks, but it is all stitch-in-the-ditch so it doesn't show unless the light is just right.
The whole style of the quilt is so elegant and understated the only place that the quilting shows is in the borders.


And in the pillow tuck

Now, wipe the drool off your keyboard and click through to get this weeks clue. And after seeing this piecing, the clue is a walk in the park...

Short Clue:
Using 64 of the HSTs from step 1, make 16 four-patch units. See the picture below for the orientation.

Long Directions:

1. Find the HSTs from Step 1. Take out 64 and put the remaining ones away.

2. Make 32 two-piece units. Press to the right on 16 units and to the left on 16 units.

3 Join the two-piece units into a four-patch units.
4. Square up to 5" if necessary.

Now you can help find pencils and the perfect back-to-school backpack or go drool over Susan Briscoe's blog. I know where I'm headed! See you next week.




Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!
leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
www.TheCraftyUnicorn.com

1 comment:

Sandie ~call me crazy said...

Thanks for the easy one!! ;-) I'm off to sew! Have a happy day!