Thursday, July 28, 2011

Scrap Basket Mystery Step 3

Any body still out there? Have you done enough HSTs to last a lifetime? Well, there's just a few more and then we're done with them...promise. See, get the tricky part over first.


Short Clue:
Using the control fabric and the lights, make 16 half-square triangles (HSTs) with an UN-finished size of 5" and 32 HSTs with an UN-finished size of 2-3/4". If you are using multiple fabrics for your control, make sets using 1 large and 2 small squares of the same fabric.

Long Clue:Lights:
6" square- cut 8
3-1/2" square- cut 16
Control:
6" square- cut 8

3-1/2" square- cut 16

1. If you have a Quick-Quarter ruler, use it to draw two diagonal lines on the back of your light squares.


Otherwise, draw a diagonal line on the back of each light square.


2. Draw a line ¼” on each side of the drawn diagonal line

3. Layer the light square with a control square, right sides together. Sew on the dotted lines.

4. Cut on the solid line.

5. Press your half-square triangles (HST) open with the seam allowance toward the control fabric.

6. Square-up to 5” and 2 3/4”, match sets of 1 large & 2 small and place in a bag labeled Step #3.

Please ask if there are any questions. See you next week.






Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!
leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
http://www.thecraftyunicorn.com/

3 comments:

Sandie ~call me crazy said...

I'm still here! :-) Oh boy~ more HST's!! LOL :-))

Brenda said...

how I missed this - I don't have a clue???? I even checked on Friday to see if it was up.... So tonight, for some reason, I thought, go through all the post on your list.... AND GUESS WHAT I FIND!!!!!!

Thank-You!!! And no, I am not sick of HST! I was just getting really good at them!! ;)

Tomorrow, my sewing time will be spent working on Step 3 of this wounderful mystery!! yeah!!!

Amy said...

Leslie,
I posted my completed steps on my blog today. I am having fun with this!