Thursday, February 17, 2011

Ooops!

There's a Block of the Month (BOM) going on over at the Electric Quilt blog. They are posting the EQ files and if you make the block and send in pictures you are entered to win prizes. How cool is that?

I know... I need another thing to do like I need a hole in my head, but this sounds like fun and how hard can one block per month be? I printed off the directions and am zipping through the January block. Things are going great and I press my finished block and ...
something ....

doesn't....

look....

quite...

right...

OH... POOH and BOTHER!



I know, quilting rule #3 says 
"If you do something once it's a mistake, do it three more times and it's a design decision"
But this was only twice and that makes it just wrong. So, a little quality time with the seam ripper and "take two" and we have this...

Much much better.

I am going to make the block each month in colors pertaining to that month. Hopefully this looks icy and cold (with just a hint of road sand brown... ha ha) and of course February will be pink and red and white. You get the idea. No idea yet how to set such a collection, but hey, I have all year to work on it!.  

Yes I should be working, and will go back to work in a minute. I have some lovely customer quilts to show you soon.

But speaking of  goofing off, I made this little qult several years ago. I call it "Can not tell a lie" since it was President's Day weekend and I should have been working on something else. I entered it in the Quilting Gallery Weekly contest. Voting is Friday to Sunday, so if you have time and would like some quilty eye-candy, click on over there and vote for your favorite.


OK, now back to work for me!





Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!
leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
http://www.thecraftyunicorn.com/

No comments: