Friday, February 25, 2011

Just when you thought it was spring...

Guess again!!!
It is snowing... again... and isn't expected to stop until at least tomorrow morning... YUK!



Although before all that white stuff started falling from the sky the FedEx man was here and so was the mail. It was just like Christmas. Of course Legbert had to inspect the packages
















In the mail was the package of charm squares from SewCalGal. It is a wonderful selction of fabrics with lots of cats & dogs. I think I'll use them for this year's Ark Animal Shelter raffle quilt.



I sort of blame her for the other two boxes. You see, in the small box there were rulers and stuff I will be selling in the shop. And in the large box was a GO! cutter! Yep, I have given in to the hot new quilting trend.
















So I got it out and started playing. It really is very cool and makes short work of cutting perfect pieces. I don't think I will be giving up my roatry cutter any time soon, but I am really looking forward to being able to tame the piles of scraps that seem to be multiplying in the bins.

















This block took only a couple of minutes to cut out and all the pieces fit so well. I see some power cutting in my future!

OK, now back to work.







Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Stephen said...

do you make quilts to sell? i was actually looking for a unicorn quilt for my daughter when i came upon your site!

I need orange said...

It's amazing how much new cutting tools change the entire face of quilting, isn't it?

:-)