Sunday, January 30, 2011

UFO Challenge Progress

NOTE: this post may be dated Jan 15, but never got finished... UFO's are EVERYWHERE!!!

It's the middle end of the month and I am (still) only one third of the way through my UFO #6. But never fear, I have been working...

There have been customer quilts...

Some small ones...


Some not so small

That I could just go wild on


Yep, right on over the top
And of course there was snow to clear
(I had help with that... What a guy)


The good news is that my orphan spools quilt- now known as the "Ends and Pieces" quilt is quilted and ready for binding bound. This poor little top was found in a yardsale or auction years ago. It isn't terribly well pieced, but I just thought it was fun-

Spools UFO #6


I got lucky and found the perfect border and backing fabrics and never would have imagined the red border would work, but it does. A friend calls me the "Queen of the Accent Border".


Ends and Pieces Quilt
It's become the E and P quilt because I used odd pieces of wool batting and then used partial bobbins of thread in the quilting. It really is coming out cute. The yellow binding is all cut, just waiting to go on done.
The other two quilts are pinned and ready to load on the longarm. Hey, there is still 30-some hours left of January right?



I don't feel bad about this UFO having been on the shelf since 2008. A quilt I just finished for a customer is pushing 20 years! Joan started this quilt in a class in 1991. The blocks are all pieced by HAND! She put it together with the help of a couple of friends and last Thurday it went home ready to go on the bed.

Joan's Sampler
And I have finished some things not on the "official" list...

That grey yarn really didn't want to be socks, but it is now very happy as fingerless mitts. 
And not just plain ones either...Mitts with CABLES... it took no time at all and went so well. I may have to try and knit more.
And a little tote bag kit I won in 2009 is now finished.


So that's the update. We will see what February brings. 


 
 



Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!
leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com


No comments: