Saturday, January 08, 2011

Off to a good Start...sort of

I found this post from last week saved as a draft. It proves I had good intentions right???

Well, 2011 is off to a good start, no that's not sarcasm, I have finished the quilt for my niece. The one I started in August 2009. Here is the fabric all pre-washed and drying


I think it made an appearance or two on the design wall Mondays and finally it was a top and Shelby got to see it when I went to Florida last March.
I just couldn't seem to find the right motif for the blank space. Finally I figured this out with some new tools. Maybe that's what the hold-up was.


But now it is finished! Quilted, bound, labeled and ready to go in a box to her on Monday (that's Monday 1/3). One quilt...18 months... I think I need to speed things up a bit.


I have also finished the Planet Patchwork one day mystery from AUGUST! Here it is on the design wall
And now it is finished, bound, labeled and mailed.


That's Minkee on the back...it is sooooo  soft!

So here's to a quilty 2011... I've actually finished two quilts, maybe there's hope!




"Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!
leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
http://www.thecraftyunicorn.com/

1 comment:

Faye said...

I like this quilt. Will this be the Spring Mystery for us? Yeah, you are off to a VERY good start.