Thursday, December 02, 2010

Yep, She's back...

OK, I know it's been ages since my last post. (Hi Faye) I did not fall off the planet, it just felt that way. Things have been wild and crazy, (and not all in a good way) but are better now. It is still the Christmas rush and I have a big pile of quilts to do, but so far I'm not at the "quilting 'till 3am" level of behind schedule.

Just to prove I haven't been goofing off, how about this quilt I did in November. I've said before that quilts will tell you how to quilt them. Some will mumble and others will speak right up. This one simply would not shut up!

It's a great traditional design that Carmen did in civil war fabrics. You just gotta love that Cheddar yellow. See all those open squares...just asking for quilting... OK... traditional quilt means feathered wreaths. Those looked good, but a bit unfinished, so I added a circle around the wreath. Better, but it needs a background filler, so I tried a small stipple. It would do, but what it really needs is crosshatching. I resisted but finally gave in. I'm really glad I did...



Then finish it off with a feathered border and there you have it.

Yes, it's a bit over the top, but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. By the way, Carmen loved it. Phew!




 
 
Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!
leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
http://www.thecraftyunicorn.com/

2 comments:

Faye said...

Ooooo, I love this quilt. Of course Carmen loved it. What is not to love. Everything is perfect. Glad to see you back, though I do not want to see you pressured what with all your Christmas deadlines; including mine. haha

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

Wow, really thoughtful and gorgeous quilts on this cheddar quilt, 9 thumbs up!
Happy new year, Sharyn