Tuesday, December 28, 2010

2011 UFO Challenge

OK, 2011 for me is all about getting hold of my schedule and getting rid of stuff. More on that later, (a post about New Years Modifications  is coming) but I am giving in and joining the UFO Challenge on JudyL's blog. Part of my schedule problem is never having time for my stuff. Hey, the top I made for my niece last March has only just now made it to the quilting machine... and only because she is nagging me on facebook... So why not, maybe some accountability will be a good thing.

Now to pick 12 UFOs... ONLY 12???... I found more than that on just the first, small shelf! But we are taking baby steps here so this is my list, in no order other than how they fell came off the shelf:
  1. 30's Big Star
  2. Snow Business- mystery #124
  3. Unicorn Banner & Quilt show banner (2 small pieces but same stuff needed on both)
  4. Rocket's Red Glare- block swap rom 2005?
  5. Quilting 201 class sample
  6. Sunbonnet Sue/Fungly Spools/Quilting 101 (3 tops that REALLY need to get quilted and done)
  7. Stack & Whack
  8. Katiedid One Day mystery
  9. Log Cabin Swap
  10. Split 9-patch swap
  11. Quilt Pink BOM
  12. NYE 2005 Mystery (yikes)
  13. (Alternate) Hot Flashes BOM
The alternate is in there in case there is something I can't work on for reasons beyond my control- lost patterns, missing pieces, etc. So that's the list. Some of these have been hanging around for years. Most are victims of "out of sight out of mind" One or two I just lost interest in, but I'm too stubborn to give up. I can do this! For me to count it as done it needs to be completely done- pieced, quilted, bound, labeled- (name and date at least). Wish me luck!




"Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!
leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
http://www.thecraftyunicorn.com/

2 comments:

Dionne said...

Wow, nice list! I'm in the 2011 UFO challenge along with you, but most of my projects hae a great deal of piece work left to do.
I'm looking forward to seeing your progress this year.
Cheers,
Dionne

Faye said...

Leslie, I too, am trying to finish up some UFO's. My list isn't nearly as long as yours, so I think I must not have looked hard enough! You will be getting the quilts soon...that will take time away from your projects unfortunately. haha