Friday, August 13, 2010

Pets on Quilts

Emmie and Leggs live at the shop. They are brother and sister and the closest to twins I have ever seen. They "help" with just about everything in the shop.

This is Emmie guarding the strip bin...


Both of them keeping my cut pieces from running away...


Leggs even helps with the quilting...


And Emmie is a whiz with binding...


But what they do best is...

Test rest quilts!

This quilt was a prize for the local animal shelter's raffle. And the picture is my entry in the Pets on Quilts Show.

Thanks for stopping by.



 
Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!

18 comments:

Karen S said...

What beautiful kitties -- they look so cute perched around your stuff.

wackywoman said...

You kitties are gorgeous. They look very loved.

Diane H said...

Wonderfully helpful and beautiful cats.

SheilaC said...

Your kitties are adorable! I am sure they are great company while you work.

thank you for sharing the great pics

SheilaC

SewCalGal said...

What beautiful and very talented kitties. They are certainly purrfect at their job. And I love the quilt they tested too. Glad it passed and went to a great cause.

Thanks for sharing in my Pets on Quilts Show.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Nanbon44 said...

I wonder, do the use catnip in the fabric making process. I don't know of any cat that can resist laying on a quilt or helping out with the process. Your cats are so cute and what wonderful helpers they are.

QuiltSue said...

Woww, aren't they helpful? I loved the photos, thanks

Samelia's Mum said...

I imagine they're very good companions. Very cute!

Lisa M. said...

What great photos! I especially love the kittie on the long arm!

Nina-Marie said...

oh pretty kitties - they are such good helpers!!

Stormy Days said...

That first picture made me laugh. How lucky are you to have so much help. Love the pictures, thanks for sharing.

Kim said...

Oh my goodness! Are those kitties are the cutest.

Nancy Sue said...

My favorite pic is the kitty on top of the Freedom! You sure aren't lonely when you quilt!
nsue21702 at gmail dot com

hetty said...

Wow! Life in a shop. What could be better than having quilts and scraps to sleep on? My kitties are jealous.

Talin's Corner said...

Well, at least you are never alone. Your kitties are cute.

Janet said...

Beautiful cats! And so very helpful!

The Vegetarian Hunter said...

Shop kitties! How great to have such great help.

Janette said...

Your kitties are absolutely beautiful! Oh, and very helpful too :)