Monday, August 02, 2010

Design Wall Monday 8-2-10

So here it is Monday again, and a new month to boot! I confess my physical design wall hasn't changed a bit. There has been no sewing for me this week. I did get to go to the state guild show in Augusta on Friday with a friend. It was her first time at a show of this size and it was fun to see it through her eyes. It was a much better show than last year- in my not so humble opinion. There were inspiring quilts and more adventurous quilts both in the piecing and the quilting. Not like last year's forest of Turning Twenty and Yellow Brick Road.

I was also pleased that there were 4 quilts there that I quilted!
Linda had her Depford Pinks in the display area...
Oonah had the Maine by Mainers photo quilt in a vendor's booth...

 And Carmen entered two quilts in the judged division. Christmas Joy and Double Pinwheels. They were  hanging next to each other on row 6...

And both had RIBBONS!!!!!


So that was the big excitement for the week.

The show has gotten my head spinning with ideas and thanks to EQ7 my virtual design wall is packed full.
There's a little something using the lonely little pinwheel block on my real design wall. I love using Judy's checkerboard border...
 

And one idea for the adult ed class this fall
 
and something that just kinda happened when I was working on something else...
So now I had better get some real work done, those quilts won't quilt themselves.


Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!

1 comment:

QuiltSwissy said...

don't you just love EQ and what just happens!

glen in Louisiana