Friday, July 16, 2010

The week in review

Whoosh, another week has zipped by. I did get quite a bit done though. Not all of it on my list but still quite a bit.

First and most important, the quilt for The Ark Animal Shelter got done and delivered.

Yep, it's bright, but it's fun. And I even got a bit whimsical with the label... How can a quilt with all those circles have a square label? So this is what I did...

Sometimes it's just the little things that make me smile. OK, I'm easy what can I say? The quilt was also thoroughly tested by Leggs and Emmie. They can't have it going out without their seal of approval.

SewCal Gal is going to have a virtual "Pets on Quilts" show in August. This will be my entry. For more info on the contest, click on the badge in the left hand column

I also finished three customer quilts:
Pat W's Folk Art Panels:

 

Claire's Spring Medallion


And Carmen's Chintz

 

Combine that list with making 7 jars of Strawberry-rhubarb jam, 5 jars of peach jam and a quart of peach sorbet (OMG is that good) I think I had a good week. But, no, the garden is still not weeded. We will have to wait and see what the weekend brings.




"Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!
leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
http://www.thecraftyunicorn.com/

4 comments:

Donna said...

Seeing the backing on on the first quilt brought back lots of memories. I made my daughter a sundress from the fabric with stars, hearts, moons etc. when she was about 5. It was so cute and cool. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie said...

Thanks for stopping by and for not telling me how old your daughter is now. I don't want to know how long that fabric has been in my stash. :>)

SewCalGal said...

Thanks for the early shout out about the Pets on Quilts Show. And I love the quilt you made for your local shelter. Beautiful.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com