Monday, July 26, 2010

Design Wall Monday July 26

Finally, it's Monday and for once there is something on my design wall and I remember to post before Tuesday! Last week there was a one-day mystery at Planet Patchwork. I decided to treat myself and do it... Well you know about the "best laid plans of mice and men"... I will not let this become yet another UFO! So, here and there, I am working on it. This is my progress so far

The black and yellow stars are for the mystery. The other blocks are just some playing around. The pink churn dashes are using the photo squares I have talked about before. They are really great, but I guess shops need samples to help customers see the possibilities. This will probably be a table runner since I don't have any more of the pink fabric. It would make a pretty quilt though.

  
It's funny how different a block can look just by changing the colors placement. These are the same pieces (different centers) just one is pink on green and the other is green on pink. And before you are appalled at my lack of piecing skills, these are just stuck on the wall, not stitched together. 

Well, back to work, there's a raffle quilt to finish and two quilts to get done for a customer so she can have them for the artist's tour this weekend! YIKES!




"Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!
leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
http://www.thecraftyunicorn.com/

5 comments:

Diane said...

that's a lot going on there.
I always am amazed at how different the same block can look.

QuiltSwissy said...

I agree. So many people are afraid of new things, expecially when they require some sort of technology. I love the photo centers.
glen in Louisiana who is just "g" today

Quilter Kathy said...

Lots of fun projects on your design wall!

Goblinf said...

So now is not the time to say I was admiring your tidy pieceing and seam control right up until you said nothing was sewn huh! (chortle)

Michelle said...

What a wonderful bunch of blocks! I particularly enjoyed the green and pink blocks with flowers in the middle.