Friday, July 09, 2010

Day 2 of "The Plan"

First, for your Friday morning enjoyment, there is a virtual quilt show at Quilting Gallery.
Weekly Themed Quilt Contests 
There are some great quilts on display and one in which I have a special interest. Mary's Stars and Stripes is about halfway down the page. If you are so inclined, please "vote early and vote often". (edit note: there is only one vote allowed per person)

Now, to Day 2 of "the Plan" I did OK, I think...
  • Finished the quilt on the machine- can't show pictures yet, since the customer hasn't seen it
  • Got the borders on the quilt for The Ark
  • Didn't get the Ark quilt loaded because the backing wasn't big enough. Plan to fix that this morning
  • Only got 1/2 a row weeded because the mosquitos just got really bad. Will try to do a row at lunchtime. Sun is better than bugs. 
This is the Ark quilt top...

Yep, it is bright, but I still think it's fun. And not my usual style at all. The pattern is from G.E.Designs. Her latest book is "Strip On". There are cute and quilck quilts using 1-1/2 and 2-1/2 inch strips.

Leggs was doing his best to restrain a bolt of wool batting. I suspect when I open it there will be a batting explosion.






"Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!
leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
http://www.thecraftyunicorn.com/

No comments: