Thursday, July 08, 2010

Catching up

I hope everyone had a good 4th of July holiday. Mine was spent quilting and weeding.
I got Brenda's Secret Garden quilt done.


I love this design. The effect of interlocking rings and not a curved seam in sight. She picked the Angel Wings design and puffy batting so it is a light summery quilt that will still be warm in that "other" season we have here.


Over on PatchworkTimes  JudyL is listing her goals and accomplishments for the day to try and keep on track and stay accountable. It may also help the rest of us see how she gets so darned much done in a day! So maybe I will try this. Today I need to get four things done:

  1. Finish the quilt on the frame- 1 border and 1 center medallion

  2. Get the borders on the Ark quilt

  3. Load the Ark quilt on the machine.

  4. Weed 1 row of the garden
That seems do-able. We shall see...
This is the center of the Ark quilt that I finished last night. It certainly is bright...and no, the borders will not tone it down any...but I think it will be cute.


The garden is doing well with all the warm weather we are having.

There are flowers on the potatoes. OK, admit it, you never thought about potatoes having flowers. I don't think anybody really does, unless you live in Aroostook county. But they are kinda pretty. They even come in different colors. The purple ones are blooming now, the white ones were last week. Just an added bonus to their tuberous tastyness.

Remember all the tomatoes I planted? Well they are above my knees now and setting little tomatoes.

Please don't look at the weedy area to the left. I didn't get that far yet.

So that's my plan for the day. Let's see how I do.



"Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!

No comments: