Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Where did May go?

Yep, another month snuck right past me. Look at the calendar, it's May, blink and suddenly it's JUNE. Well, here in Maine, June really is busting out all-over. The lilacs are just about to go by, and the peonies are ready to explode. And for once, I have my garden planted. 

We had a new area turned over last fall and tilled this spring. I have had peas, potatoes, onion sets and carrots planted for about 2 weeks and put in the tomatoes and pole beans over the weekend. So now instead of fresh dirt, it looks more like this:



It is kind of hard to see, but there are 44 little tomato plants and 4 tee-pees for pole beans. The potatoes are on the far end. You can't see the onions, but they are about 6" tall. The only disappointment so far is the carrots. Zip, zero, nada. I don't think I kept them moist enough. Oh well, I have more packets of seeds.

Just so you don't think I have spent all my time in the garden, here are a few quilts I have finished for customers recently...

Gail will be teaching a bargello class and this is the sample. Hard to beleive there are only staight seams in this quilt- no curves.

 She also made this full-size quilt . Still a bargello, but a different pattern. 

 This is Carmen's Jiggery Pokery from one of Kaffe Fassetts books. It is as bright as usual. I wasn't sure about them at first, but now I am really starting to like them. I guess they are an "aquired taste"

I really like this border- simple, but fun. 

OK, now back to work...




Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get MORE WAX!

leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
http://www.thecraftyunicorn.com/

No comments: