Monday, June 28, 2010

Design Wall Monday 6-28

It is still Monday, just barely, but it is still Monday.

My design wall still looks pretty sad.

The wind came in and sent several flying through the room and I had to get one away from Miss Emmie (the Hunter).

 
I have decided to do the applique stitching in black instead of the blending thread I used on the first few blocks. It doesn't show up much in the pictures, but the black gives the circles a border. So I have almost all of them done, just not on the wall. This is good, since I have to have this quilt done by July 6 for the Ark Animal Shelter raffle. Yikes!!!

Good news...The stealth project is secret no more. And it is DONE...

This great log cabin quilt was made by Lanette who some of you will know as The Gypsy Quilter. She sells the Gypsy Grippers that make it so easy to hang-on to your rotary rulers.



 I went a little over the top on the quilting, but I did get to use a new ruler for all those stars.

And of course there must be feathers...


This was my first quilt on wool batting. Boy, It will not be my last... I used the Dream Wool from Quilters Dream batting. It is simply be-ewe-tiful...great stitch definition, quilts like butter, doesn't hold a crease and is so light it is amazing. This queensize quilt was less than 7 pounds. The same quilt on cotton would be around 10 pounds! Other than being a little careful about washing, and a bit pricey this stuff is wonderful.

Well, off to bed, finally, but it will probably be Tuesday before I get there.



"Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!

1 comment:

Vivian said...

I like the circle strip blocks. Can't wait to see the finished product.