Thursday, June 24, 2010

Clamshell Quilts

I am being surrounded by clamshell quilts! It's a pattern I really like and envy anyone who makes one. There migt be one in my future, but not the near future...I don't think.

Carmen (my Kaffe Fassett customer) is making one, by hand, with an unusual strip in it. She showed me her progress a couple of weeks ago when she dropped off a quilt.

Then a few days later, Linda Franz introduced a new Inklingo shape collection...You guessed it... Clamshells. Last week a second set came out in a different size. There aare 3 and 3.5 inch clamshells ready to print and sew. Hmmm is this a hint?

So today when I open my blog reader, the first blog is Barbara Brackman's post with an unknown pattern bassed on CLAMSHELLS- with a really cool triangle edge- Think clamshells and pickle dish. Sounds kinda gross as food, but great as a quilt pattern, but check out her blog.

Then the very next blog post is Cathi's Quilting Obessions featuring little pink CLAMSHELLS.

OK, I will take the hint from the Quilt Goddess and move a clamshell quilt up nearer the top of the list. Really, you don't have to hit me over the head... not more than a couple of times any way.



"Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!
leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
http://www.thecraftyunicorn.com/

1 comment:

Cathi said...

They're irresistible and addictive!! And oh, so much fun. That quilt on Barbara Brackman's blog is stunning!