Monday, May 10, 2010

Good beginning to the week

So it's Design Wall Monday again, boy that comes around fast. But I made progress this weekend. Every year I donate a quilt to the raffle at our local no-kill animal shelter The Ark. The raffle is held around July 4th and several years I have been sewing binding down on the evening of July 3rd. Hopefully not this year. I found a UFO in the stack (a rediculously large stack) and think this will do the trick for this year. So this is my design wall at the moment.

The blocks are almost all done, then just borders and quiting. And I have 6 weeks...I have a chance...right? One thing for sure...it will certainly be bright!

Results are also in for the Second Saturday Charity Quilting for this month. I did 2 quilts for one of my quilting students. The gym where she works made lap throws for two members diagnosed with cancer. Some of the ladies made blocks a Brenda put them together. Again, bright happy quilts. And,  I am almost 1/3 of the way to the half-million square inch goal. Don't know how long it will take to get there, but little by little I will.
  

And to top off all the other good stuff- I won a book from Electric Quilt Company. Their mascot (EQ the Mouse) had a contest on Facebook and I won! So now I have something to play with until EQ7 is released in June.
If the rest of the week goes this well, I will be a very happy girl.


 
Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!

2 comments:

Linda said...

I like your circles. It's very cheerful so it should make someone very happy.

Myra said...

Awesome projects on your display wall Monday post!! Very nice! 8-)