Monday, May 03, 2010

Design Wall Monday- Bread and Pickles

As I have been reminded several times recently (Hi Faye) Yes, It has been ages since I posted anything. No, I have not been goofing off, really. There is just too much "I'll do a blog post as soon as I finish this" in my life. So, this is my attempt at a new beginning...Spring, new month, things getting green... time to crawl out from under my winter rock and show anyone out there what I've been doing.



To begin with the title- Sunday is bread baking day, every week. So while I was hanging around waiting for the bread to rise I treated myself to the brand new pickle dish collection from Inklingo. I got my shapes printed and started sewing around noon. By bed time I had this to show for the day.


There were also 3 loaves of Honey Oatmeal bread and one loaf of banana bread, but Mike had them cut up for "quality control" before I got a picture.


There have been several fairly involved customer quilts over the winter. These are just a few.

Helen's Butterfly Garden. Those butterflies are all stuffed and hand appliqued!







Cindy's Pink Fairies is for her granddaughter. Great work with a panel. I used really thin thread to outline the fairies. It's hard to see in the pictures




and


Linda's Guild Chapter Challenge. Lots and lots of blocks and all different.


I am also working on a new website and have joined Facebook - The Crafty Unicorn Quilting.

So here's to spring and new beginnings...











Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends...
Tell me where to get more wax!
http://www.thecraftyunicorn.com/

5 comments:

Diane said...

I really like the pickle dish block. and it's always fun to oogle the quilts, thanks for the eye candy and here-here to new beginnings!

ginaquilts said...

Trying inklingo is on my "things to do" list. I like the pickle dish. I bake bread on Sundays too - mine this week was whole wheat. :-)

QuiltSwissy said...

I am coming over and bringing the honey!

Love the works!

glen

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh dear...you may have tempted me too much with the pickle dish project! I love this block and have always wanted to make one!

Teaquilts said...

Great start on the pickle dish blocks. Love your quilting; did you quilt the sampler in the ditch? And then something different in the sashing? I like the look of it.