Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Are they Kidding?

While standing in line at the grocery store tonight I saw an interesting magazine Antique Quilts by Better Homes and Gardens.

I will say right up-front that I don't buy or even look at many quilting magazines any more (for various reasons) But this one had a nice cover and on a quick flip through looked really interesting. I've been a good girl and deserve a treat so I check the price, expecting 5.99 to 6.99. Nope... $12.99... TWELVE NINETY-NINE. The lady in line behind me asked if I was alright when I gasped. I'm sure it is a nice magazine, but I just can't believe a magazine with a two-digit cover price.

OK, rant over, we now return you to your regularly scheduled web-surfing.



Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!
leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
http://www.thecraftyunicorn.com/

1 comment:

Leah S said...

I had the same sticker shock myself yesterday when I flipped through it at the bookstore. Nope, didn't get it.

And yet... people pay $8-12 for those single patterns in baggies? I've certainly have done such myself.