Monday, October 26, 2009

Green Piece and other plans

or... What the heck was I thinking???



A while ago I realized I had WAY too many projects going and would have to try and concentrate on a limited few until they were done and then move on. That was a great plan, but has yet to be put into practice.


I thought I could manage 3 quilts- Shelby's Double Wedding Ring (DWR), the Green Piece block of the month (GP-BOM) from The Thrifty Needle and Shakespeare in the Park (SITP) that was being done on a stashbusters spin-off group. I would ignore all the mystery quilts, quick projects and Quilt for an hour projects that keep tempting me and just work on those three.


You know what they say about "the best laid plans" So... Today I have decided SITP will have to wait. It is the end of October and the only thing I have done on Shelby's DWR is the sample rings and all the fabric washed- Hey, that's something.



The first instalment of Green Piece arrived on Saturday and it is wonderful. I've never done wool applique before, so this will be a learning experience. There are actually 4 blocks per month, 2 pieced and 2 applique. I WILL KEEP UP WITH THIS. I am going to try to do one block per week and post the results here. If there is anybody out there...your mission (should you choose to accept it) is to keep me on the straight and narrow, shoulder to the wheel and nose to the grind stone. (Although how someone works in that awkward position is beyond me)

So here we go into a brave new world that might, just might, have some order to it. Yeah...right! But any way the quilts are pretty!







"Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!


leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
http://www.thecraftyunicorn.com/

No comments: