Monday, August 24, 2009

Let the Adventure begin

OK, it's design wall Monday and here we go... See that little ring there all by it's lonesome?


I got the Inklingo double wedding ring collection and read through it... Not too scary...


So now let's pull and print some fabric and see what happens...



Well, I lost most of Saturday evening picking fabric and getting comfortable with the terminology, but THIS is the result. It is not perfect and took a bit of time, but for my very first effort I am very pleased. I have enough cut out to make a three-ring table runner. No reason to just make more orphan blocks, right?




I have the medium/dark fabrics I bought for Shelby's quilt washed and drying on the rack upstairs. The background and a batik are in the washer (with synthrapol!). I still need more of the background and a more grape-ish purple, but I am on my way!







More Good News...
The shop is soon going to be joining the 21st century. I found out that there is cable high-speed Internet service finally available in Harrington. I told you I lived in the boonies. No more waiting forever for a page to load. I can actually watch a YouTube video and download my audio books without walking over to the library. No, it really doesn't take much to make me happy.








"Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!


leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
http://www.thecraftyunicorn.com/

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Love the blocks on your design wall, the fabrics are really nice.