Monday, August 17, 2009

Great Mail Day

Today I got my swap package from the Lemoyne star swap on the Inklingo group. Inklingo is that cool printing system I mentioned in the quilt show rant. The part of hand piecing I hate is all the marking of seam/stitching lines. If you are off even the width of your pencil, stuff doesn't work. Especially anything with set-in seams and small pieces. You print on the back of the fabric with your regular printer and everything is perfect. Hand piecing or machine piecing. And it comes in all those shapes that are just tricky to make... Diamonds, hexagons, apple core, double wedding ring... you know, the scary stuff. All these lovely pieces are printed and ready to cut and sew. All I need now is a good movie and large cold drink... I think Pride & Predjudice (Colin Firth in knee boots...be still my heart) with a G&T should be just the ticket!


These are some of the Lemoyne stars I had made before this weekend. It is amazing how just sewing for a little while gets them done. I got 2 more done at the festival over the weekend.


And there is this cute little flower that I am going to put together with more background like a carolina lily or peony block. I think I got 3 or 4 of these done over the weekend too.

If you are looking for a great take-along project, check out the free Lemoyne Star download. And for more ideas and great eye candy check out Cathi's blog Quilt Obsession and Tilde's Inklingo Projects. But beware. It can be habit forming!








"Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!


leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
http://www.thecraftyunicorn.com/

No comments: