Friday, July 03, 2009

Excitement in a Small Town

We had a huge thunder and lightening storm move through here about 3:00 this morning. Not just a flash here and there, but almost continuous lightening. Then the thunder started rolling in. And the torrential rain. Needless to say I had all 3 dogs trying to crawl into bed and be close to "mom". As Groucho Marx said "If they were any closer...they'd be behind me". So we are settling down a bit and the bed is vibrating from all the shaking dogs and then FLASH-BOOM!!! I knew that one was close! I didn't realize how close...



This is what is left of the church steeple! The church is owned by the library next door and is maybe 500 feet from my house! We are really lucky it didn't catch fire. Maybe some good did come out of all the wet weather we had in June. No word yet on what will happen. Hopefully they will repair it, but it is more likely they will take the steeple off and cap it at the cupola.





"Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!


leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
http://www.thecraftyunicorn.com/

1 comment:

Catherine said...

That must have been scary! I can just imagine the dogs' reaction!