Tuesday, June 16, 2009

OK, I was bad...


Yep, I'll come clean. I have been really bad about posting my stash reports. Mostly because I don't use that much fabric. I don't get to piece that much, so a good week for me might be just a couple of yards. I had a piece of paper with yards used for several blocks of my class sampler quilt but it has fallen into a black hole. But since we are coming up on the half-way point in the year, I better get back on the wagon. I am going to estimate 2 yards for those blocks and the first border and call it good.


I also need to confess to adding 12 yards to my numbers earlier this month. But with good cause! I have finally finished all the applique blocks for a BOM I started 3 years ago when I opened the shop. I wanted to learn needle-turn applique and this looked like a good way to do it.



So some of the fabric is for sashing and a border- That's pretty allowable.



Then when I was laying out the blocks I noticed one has a really light background and the rest are fairly medium. I can't have that, can I? Well, I found fabrics to make another block with a better background. And I showed restraint and only got a half yard of each not my usual 2-3 yards.



OK, and then there were a few greens and creams for the Shakespeare in the Park I started in April. But again... restraint... only small pieces. I promise I will do better.



That makes my totals for week 25:

Added this week: 0

Added YTD: 12 yards

Yards Used this week: 0

Yards used YTD: 24.69

Stashbusting YTD: 12.69



Hello, my name is Leslie and I'm a fabric-aholic...







"Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!


leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
http://www.thecraftyunicorn.com/

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I laughed when I read "I am Leslie and I am a fabric-aholic...."!!
I wasn't expecting that!!
You are doing a "Shakespeare in the Park"!?!?!!! That is one of my absoultly favorite patterns and no, I have not started it yet!!! I am trying to be so good and finish things (like my DD's Judy Martin Quilt I am doing - all it needs is to be sewn together......) I am now going to be wanting to see yours!!
You have a great report by the way. I have not reported what I've used yet because I want to wait till it's more on the top-done-stage, and right now I am still in the making the blks stage!!
Thanks for the laugh!! I love your report!!