Sunday, May 03, 2009

No, I didn't fall off the Planet

It does, however, feel like a planet may have fallen on me! March was pretty crummy... Car problems, furnace problems, oven problems. Then April was spent playing catch-up and now suddenly we are halfway through May! How did that happen!!!


Well, to catch up, it hasn't all been terrible:


  • I finished my Wednesday night business class. I learned a lot. Now if I can just find the time to use that knowledge.


  • Benjamin (my new assistant) has gone back to live with his person. Both of them are very happy. All the exercise was exhausting poor Benjamin and interfering with his naps. Emmie and Leggs are very pleased


  • I have survived a broken furnace, Brakes and tires on my truck, and 2 weeks without an oven.


  • I am miles behind on customer quilts but I am catching up.


  • If you heard a small "thump" that was me falling off the stash-busting wagon.


On the stash-busting front- there was a very small lapse back in March. I just needed to walk around a bit before the long drive home, so I walked around the fabric shop.

There were two prints that just needed to go together. One is red on white, the other is white on red. I needed a table runner for a gift and had just gotten a set of cute garden redwork embroidery designs. And then there was this cute little print- perfect for backgrounds...Only a bit went into stash...And there wasn't much to start with... only a yard of each and 4 yards of muslin for backings and samples... That's not too bad is it?

I'll add the pictures of the table runners and what I have been quilting as soon as I get them out of the camera.










"Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!


leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
http://www.thecraftyunicorn.com/

No comments: