Sunday, February 22, 2009

Meet my new assistant



This is Benjamin. His person (a man I work for) had a stroke a couple of weeks ago and no one else really had room for him to stay, so he has moved into the store. Leggs and Emmie are SO not impressed. There is a certain amount of barking and chasing, but they are slowly coming to terms with each other. I don’t think Ben has had this much exercise in a long time. We have established a routine and things are settling down. Do you think having a very spoiled Dachshund will make me as good a quilter as JudyL? It can’t hurt right?

It has almost been Quiltathon here all week. With school vacation I didn’t have quilting class or my business class. And Mike had Monday off so I didn’t go work at the radio station. It has been great. My charity quilts are almost all caught up, I have a customer quilt ready for binding and got another month of my Log Cabin block swap done along with finishing piecing two table runners that were threatening to go from WIP to UFO. I hope to have the Quilting 201 top done by class on Tuesday. I got another block done so all I have left to do are the ones with diamonds and the triangle-in-a-square block. Once I get my “Sunday Chores” started I plan on going to the shop and working.

Thanks to piecing so much my stash report is really good for this week:
Added This week -0-
Added YTD -0-
Used Week 6: .44
Used Week 7: 1.80
Used Week 8: 8.65
Used YTD: 22.69 yards.











"Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!


leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
http://www.thecraftyunicorn.com/

No comments: