Friday, January 02, 2009

The year so far

JudyL said in her blog that "whatever you do on January 1 is what you’ll be doing the rest of the year" That could make 2009 a long year for me!

After yesterday’s plumbing adventure and no-sewing disappointment, I really didn't need my printer to die too. Yesterday when I turned it on it made a nasty noise and the yellow light came on. That was it, just a flashing yellow light. Well, it was really cold at the store, so maybe it just didn't like that and would be better tomorrow…today, same thing. Well, broken is broken, so what is the worst I can do, break it more? I found the tabs to take the cover off and looked for something hung-up or jammed. Then I took out the ink cartridges and the print head. Oh MY… there was so much inky gunk in there!!! Paper lint, dust, a bit of cat hair (gee how could that happen?) So I cleaned with q-tips and some alcohol and finally grabbed a huge piece of fluff with tweezers YUK!! But, after I got it nice and clean and turned it on IT WORKED. I know nobody needs another of those holiday reminder chores. You know, like “Set the clocks back and check your smoke alarm battery” But from now on I am going to try and clean out my printer at the first of the year.

See the lovely test page it is printing! I had to do the print head re-alignment and voila! As a bonus, it is printing better than it has in ages. I’m so happy! I like this printer and really didn't want to have to buy a new one. Besides a new one costs money (and who has much of that?) and couldn't be here for several days.





So, two days into the new year and I have not sewn a thing yet. This has got to change! But at least now I can print out all the instructions for the mystery quilts I missed.



I got an email from Tracy and she said it was OK to post a picture of her Carolina Crossroads that I mentioned in another post.


She did a great job with all those little pieces. I love her fall colors. It didn't show in the picture, but I got to do feathers in the inner border, continuous curves in the pieced border and a rope design in the outer border (to tie it all together get it?) I'm glad she liked it. Maybe one of these days mine will get done. Yeah... right. My UFO commitment for 2009 will have to wait for another post. Right now I need to get to bed so I can get to work early tomorrow and get some sewing done!





"Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!


leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
http://www.thecraftyunicorn.com/

No comments: