Saturday, January 10, 2009

Lunch Break

I've been working on finishing a couple of customer quilts. I usually send quilts that need binding to Sarah at Downeast Quilting and Interiors. However, this year she got swamped with insulated curtain orders (really good for her!) I realized I HAD to conquer the Martelli binding system that I bought at MQX back in April. So one long day and a couple of sacrificial quilt sandwiches later I can now do a fairly decent machine binding. I am being horribly decadent and setting up one machine strictly for bindings.



I had a sandwich for lunch and have walked and fed the dogs, dinner is in the crock pot, intermission is over on the Met Opera broadcast so I guess it's time to get back to work.

Hope everyone else out there is getting lots of stuff done today.




"Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!


leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
http://www.thecraftyunicorn.com/

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Bindings are my favorite! I love to sit and sew...and it means the quilt is almost done!

Jean said...

I don't blame you at all. Bindings are my downfall. I never like my bindings, no matter how many of them I do I can never seem to get them right.

Suze said...

Having a machine for a single purpose is not decadent. It is Genius. If you have the machine why not. I have several low priced machines and when I get my studio set up after we move it is my goal to have machines dedicated to a specific purpose. Right now I have one for piecing and one for all other sewing. When space allows I will have one for Paper Piecing and one with a walking foot for straight quilting.