Friday, September 05, 2008

I'm Caught Up...

With Judy's BOM at least. The other day I set out to cut out block #1. I didn't have a real good idea of my fabrics, so I just started rumaging around. I found lots that would work, but not enough of any one, so I'm going to make this a "semi scrappy" quilt. I won't mix the fabrics in any block, but (foe example) fabric #3 may be one fabric here and another fabric somewhere else. These are what I settled on:



I actually de-commissioned some PIGs while I was digging around. The gold and the green were for another project. I'm not really interested in making it anymore- It was for one of "those" customers. The kind who can't tell you what they want, but know what they don't want (and they don't want whatever you are showing them). When she didn't call back to approve the swatches I thought I would make it up anyway, but it has been almost 2 years and I can use that fabric. Yep, it's more stash, but it's one less PIG so I call it a win.

So, I got block #1 cut out. As long as I've got stuff out, why not cut #2 and #3... OK

Then I actually spent time piecing Wednesday evening and Thursday my quilt group got over really early so I picked up a movie and pieced until DH got home (about 11:00) These are the results:
I'm happy with them except for one corner on block #3.

I think I'm going to have to pick that part out and try again. I hate chopping off points.











So on my to-do list from the other day:
  1. Finish the quilt on the Machine-Done
  2. Call to confirm about teaching at adult ed- Done
  3. Cut out Judy's BOM block #1 - Done (plus 2 & 3)
  4. Load another customer quilt- Done and partly quilted.

So far September is looking pretty good. There is always hope.







"Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!


leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
http://www.thecraftyunicorn.com/