Saturday, December 06, 2008

Actually Quilting during Quilt-a-thon!

Can you believe it? Two posts in one week! And I am actually quilting on a Quiltathon weekend. But hey, I'm a long arm quilter and it's December... Of course I'm quilting.

I just finished a customer quilt, it was an online mystery and she did a great job. It is great fall colors and I got to do custom work in the borders. I can't show pictures yet, since she reads my blog and she hasn't seen it yet. Let's just say I'm happy with it, I hope she is too.

The rest of the afternoon will be a few small pantograph quilts and finishing the dozen wreaths that need to be sent to my brother in Florida.

The area I live in is the wreath capital of the world I think. The company who makes the wreaths (and centerpieces and table top trees) for L.L. Bean is just up the street from me. They ship out 10's of THOUSANDS of pieces every December.

It now looks like December in Maine... The snow has been coming down since about 11:00. I've got to go home and take the dogs out and guess who wore the wrong shoes to the store? Oh well It's not far to the house and my tennis shoes will dry. Then back to quilting.

Sunday I am treating myself... I'm going to the Christmas Tea at the Ruggles House. That's the museum I work at in the summer. This is the last thing they do before the house is completely shut up for the winter, but I'm sure it will be lovely.



"Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!


leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
www.TheCraftyUnicorn.com

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I think you are describing my quilt and I LOVE it!! I have been meaning to e-mail you to tell you- things have been crazy. Feel free to post pics of it:) Thanks so much!!

How was the tea?