Thursday, October 02, 2008

One of my other vices

Somewhere along the line I have fallen in love with Jane Austen. Don't know when or how exactly, but I think Colin Firth (as Mr. Darcy) is involved. Give me a rainy afternoon, a Jane Austen DVD and some hand sewing and I am in heaven. I saw a quiz on Dionne's blog and took it. It says I am Elizabeth Bennett. That works for me.



I have been working in an historic house museum all summer and the Ruggles House was built in the right period to feed this obsession.





Then just as I was thinking it might pass, I remembered Linda Franz and her book "Quilted Diamonds"
It is like a Dear Jane only based on a quilt made by Jane Austen and the blocks are all named with quotes and characters from the novels. Oh well, how bad can a literary/quilting related obsession be? Now if I can just find the time to do the hand piecing!





"Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!


leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
http://www.thecraftyunicorn.com/


ilt

No comments: