Sunday, June 08, 2008

Recap of the week that was

I know quiltathon was only Wednesday and Thursday, but I managed to squeeze out a little extra time on Friday as well. So all told this week was pretty productive:
  1. Finished Faye's Thimbleberries log cabin quilt.
  2. Got all the HSTs (120 of them) made for Orange Crush/ Tango Salsa step 4 (I now LOVE the easy angle ruler)
  3. Have drawn out my Hoffman Challenge quilt- full size.
  4. Started and finished Sue's Feathered Star quilt, complete with feathered wreaths and crosshatching.

The Hoffman fabric I ordered have been shipped, so hopefully I will have them on Monday and can start playing with them.

As for today, we have Summer in Maine! It is gloriously warm (80 degrees) with real humidity. I am so happy, really. This week's bread is made and the laundry is hanging out, so I'm going to go play in the garden a bit and then try to sand and paint the rocker for the front porch at the store. Having a nice place to sit and do hand work is an imprtant part of quilting...right?





"Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!


leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
http://www.thecraftyunicorn.com/

1 comment:

Tracy said...

So nice to read you are nice and warm. I just finished baking bread myself:)

Good job being so productive!