Sunday, May 18, 2008

Quiltathon Results and Day 2




I didn't get as much done as I would like yesterday... big surprise.


But I did get Fran's "City Girl" quilt done. I stitched a border design on that quilt 3 times and picked them all out before I decided the 4th one was OK. I think the do/undo ratio for longarms is about 1:15 for every 1 minute you sew, it will take you 15 minutes to pick out.

I got my QFAH fabrics chosen and got a nice surprise in the process. I had some fabrics picked out...they were nice, but just darks -kinda reproduction/historical and not terribly exciting. So I go looking in my small brights pile and what do I find? 3-1/2" strips left over from another project! So I will have more colors in my stars since none of these are WOF, but I'm making more stars anyway since I need a bigger quilt. I figured it out and I need about 12" per color to cut the Recs units. Once I get the fabric cut for the QFAH I will count it on my stash report.

I was playing with the Circle Lord again and this is what I came up with. Way cool.
The bread is all done. I spent some time pulling weed while it was rising. I hate to waste the sunshine. The dogs were out in the fresh air all day too, so they are exahused. I don't know how laying on the ground can be such hard work, but when they come in from outside they sleep like rocks.


So now to work.













"Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!
leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
http://www.blogger.com/www.TheCraftyUnicorn.com

No comments: