Monday, May 05, 2008

A quiet Weekend

I'm beginning to wonder if anybody is out there... My email inbox is remarkably empty. I guess every one is sewing and gardening and enjoying the spring weather.

I have been quilting up a storm trying to catch up from MQX. There are so many new ideas I want to try. Since I got the Circle Lord tool set up on the longarm, I wanted to try it out right away. Mary had a last minute baby quilt she had put together and I twisted her arm into letting me try the swirls template on it. I didn't have to try too hard. It was a great first piece.


Then I had Faye's quilt, she calls "Steps to the Stars". Originally this was going to have a Daisy Swirls panto, but the more I looked at it it really needed something old-fashioned.
Gee, guess I could try out my new baptist fan template... It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it. :-)



I now have the complete set of Karen McTavish books. There are some positively breathtaking quilts in those books. I posted a while ago about my woodstove wholecloth inspiration, now I have the instructions on how to do it, now just to find the time.



I have almost finished step 1 of the Orange Crush mystery. I thought I had about a mile of 4-patches, but I guess it was only 3/4 of a mile. I'm 43 blocks short.



I had been resisting buying fabric (not toys just fabric) at MQX but gave in on the drive home. I got some great blenders, a nice floral all-over, a cute little boy print and some great neutrals. It's all been washed and is now hanging up drying. I hate washing fabric but I know it will save me grief in the long run. This is the first time in almost 2 years that I have bought fabric just because I liked it. The good thing is, I think some of it will be perfect for the new Quilt for an Hour that starts in about 10 days. So I guess I need to start a record of stashbustng yardage. That can be part of my quilting year goals.



"Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!


leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
www.TheCraftyUnicorn.com

No comments: