Friday, April 18, 2008

That's me at MQX

It's official...I have a quilt hanging in a show! And I have the "Thanks for participating"ribbon to prove it. Faye and I got to MQX on Thursday and looked around a bit, but didn't find my quilt in the main display area. Friday we started in the Armory- the other display area. I really tried to just start at the door and walk around like a lady, but after about 5 minutes I gave up. I want to see my quilt and I want to see it NOW. So I walk (fairly briskly) through the rows of quilts until I find it... hanging there just like all the others.


And it doesn't look out of place, it doesn't look like the kid's artwork among the old masters. There may not be any crying in Baseball... but there was crying at a quilt show. No, it didn't win anything, I didn't expect it to. But somehow seeing it there made me feel like a real professional quilter. I am really looking forward to the judges comments.


The rest of the show has been amazing. I have done my share of stimulating the economy but have not completely lost my will power. I did buy the Circle Lord and several templates to go with it. That should keep me busy for several weeks. The big splurge was a copy of the re-print of Karen McTavish's book Whitework Quilting. I was going to order it (at wholesale) but when we got to the show today, Karen is sitting at one of the booths autographing copies. So, how's a girl to pass that up? This book has been touched by the hand of the Goddess.. That's got to be good karma.
Tomorrow its home, by way of the discount fabric store in Waterville, and back to reality. But it is reality with new toys... I can live with that.
Right now it is almost Midnight, I'm beat and like your basic 3 year old, too tired to go to bed... well...maybe ...just... put..... my .......head down... z..z...z...z..






"Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!
leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
http://www.blogger.com/www.TheCraftyUnicorn.com

No comments: