Wednesday, April 09, 2008

How about Tango Salsa?

I have been working... Really...

Besides working on that great applique quilt, this is a few of the other things I've been trying to get done:



I wasn't really going to do the Orange Crush mystery on Quiltville. I only got to step #3 on the Carolina Crossroads. But, I was looking for something on my desk the other day and came across some stamps I had saved. I loved the way the colors worked together. Even though they aren't colors I would put together myself.

So, you know how it goes... the fabrics start whispering to you... and the 2" strips are already cut... and... and... and OK, I'm weak. These are the fabrics I found to use as the "planned" fabrics. There isn't quite enough of a couple, but this is a scrap quilt and I figure I can just wing it. But it's definitely not "Orange Crush" Since the stamps were all about Latin Dances...how about Tango Salsa?

I did this quilt for Fran. It's a light spring-y design and BOY DO WE NEED THAT. The custom quilting doesn't show much in the pictures, it does in the quilt. It shows really well on the back.







In case somebody hasn't heard, there is a new larger size flat rate priority box. It is 12X12X5 I think. I can only imagine how many yards of fabric you can get in that one! Leggs thinks it is just the perfect size for a nap.

Now it's back to work. I've got binding to finish hand stitching- and then quilts to get caught up. Faye and I are leaving next Thursday for MQX in New Hampshire. I'm trying hard to concentrate, but it's getting harder every day.

















"Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!
leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
http://www.blogger.com/www.TheCraftyUnicorn.com


No comments: