Sunday, January 20, 2008

Kinda proud of me

Yep, I'm just kinda proud of me this week. I actually got a few (small) things accomplished.




I got my blocks for the log cabin swap done. They are ready to go in the mail on Tuesday the 22nd. I usually just barely get them done by the last day of the month.


While cutting strips for those blocks, I cut up the entire piece of whatever fabric and filed the strips in the appropriate bin. I also cut some of those strips for the Quiltville Mystery quilt. No, I didn't use them up yet, but having it off the shelf and ready to start sewing is progress. And there are lots of scrap quilts I want to do. (Aren't there always more quilts to make?)


I found the perfect spot to put my design wall. It is about 10' from my sewing machine, so I don't have to go far and risk turning things around. And as a bonus, I can get far enough away from it to take a good picture.

Best of all, I took the plunge and entered a quilt in a show. Machine Quilters Exposition (MQX) is now a juried show, so I don't know if I will get in, but I'll never know if I don't enter. I sent the pictures in so now I wait for the e-mail. They are supposed to let people know by the beginning of February. It could be a nice birthday present. I doubt I will win anything, but the opinions of the judges would be really great.

The samples for Grandma's Garden are ready to go to the customer for her opinion. Once we decide on the quilting I can get started on that. It's exciting and scary at the same time.



I also got 3 customer quilts done. Faye's bright baby quilt, Susan's Rocky Road to Kansas, and Faye's Summertime Blues (no picture yet, it is off at the binder's)

So I guess not a bad week. Being Sunday, it's baking and housework day, but maybe I can get a little time this afternoon/evening to myself. I'd like to get back to working on the Carolina Crossroads (Quiltville) mystery. I'm almost through step 1, so I'm way behind. But I like the way it is going so far.

We have brutally cold weather forecast for today and Monday. High that might get to 10 above and a low of 6 below. I'm glad Mike doesn't have to work Monday. He's a rural mail carrier and it is just too cold to drive around with your truck window open. I'm so glad I don't do that anymore. Hope everyone has a warm and productive long weekend.







"Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!
leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
http://www.blogger.com/www.TheCraftyUnicorn.com

1 comment:

Randi said...

You had a great week! Good luck on your show entry!