Saturday, January 05, 2008

A challenge

Everyone was talking about challenges a couple of weeks ago. Probably something about New Years. Well, I got to thinking and one of the things I would like to do this year is more quilting of charity quilts. I don't mind donating the time to quilt them. It's a good cause, and I get to practice a new technique or two on something more interesting than muslin. The problem has been that I get a stack of tops from a group I'm in, think I have time to get them done and then paying quilts come in and the charity quilts get bumped. The next thing I know I've had the tops for 3 months and the group is asking (very politely) "Are the quilts ready yet?"


So... here's my idea... I take one day a month and do nothing but charity quilts. I've got a friend who will come over and pin zippers on the backings, so all I have to do is zip one on and start quilting. If I promote it right it could be lots of fun. I'd also like to keep track of how many square inches I quilted for charity. A goal of 500,000 square inches sounds like something to shoot for. It may be way out of line, but it's not like I have to do it all this week. Since Project Linus Day is Feb 9th and that is the second Saturday of the month, that's when I think I'm going to do this. That means that next Saturday January 12th will be the first one- I put a notice in the local paper and will send a note to the LQS and guilds.
We will see what happens.






"Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!
leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
http://www.blogger.com/www.TheCraftyUnicorn.com

No comments: