Thursday, December 06, 2007

OK, now I'm officially behind on the Quiltville mystery quilt. Bonnie has posted the second clue and I haven't done anything more on step one than look at my 1.5" bin and try and figure out lights and darks. I need more hours in the day!!!

I think it's going to be scrappy darks and some fairly controlled lights since I have bolts of a wide beige toile & a wide yellow toile. 1.5 X 108 makes a LOT of little squares (LOL) and for the accent I don't know if I should use one of my "avoided" blues or some red tone-on-tone that I also have a bolt of. I'm leaning toward the red because the blues are boring... part of the reason I avoid them... and I can always cut up the blue and mix them with the other dark/mediums. OK That's a plan. Now to execute it... Wish me luck, and I hope Bonnie waits a bit to post clue #3.





"Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!
leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
http://www.blogger.com/www.TheCraftyUnicorn.com

No comments: