Saturday, December 01, 2007

November...

OK, I know it, I'm a bad blogger. It's not like I don't have great stuff I want to post, I just think about it when I'm not near the computer, haven't uploaded pictures, "will do it later", all the usual excuses. I guess it comes back to the whole disorganized thing. Which brings up the next item...






It seems the New Years Resolutions are starting early this year. JudyL has posted a stash busting challenge on her blog http://judylaquidara.blogspot.com/ I re-arranged my sewing room and was reminded just how much fabric (and UFO's) I really have. Most I still love, but some I just keep avoiding... it's too blue, not blue enough, it's a big piece and I don't want to waste it on a small project... I just avoid it. SO I believe I see a lot of scrap quilting in my future.





The second challenge is from the Stashbusters list...to look back at November and see what we actually DID and what we have learned. Well, here goes:







  • Quilted 10 customer quilts.

  • Finished quilting and returned a group of 9 charity quilts.
  • Finished 2 quilts of my own- both completely from stash
  • Completed 1 year of not buying fabric "just because" only bought borders, backing or binding to finish existing projects.
  • Had a table at a local craft fair. (Didn't sell anything but made great contacts)
  • Actually got some quilts to a local shop for consignment, and sold one!
  • Learned not to move whole folders of pictures on the computer in an effort to get them organized. (Don't want to think about what I lost)
  • Actually did better at staying on schedule with customer quilts. (baby steps)
All in all not bad I guess. December will be even better.


This is the quilt that sold. It was a mystery quilt from ages ago. I couldn't find all the directions so I just finished it on my own. The lady who bought it is hanging it over her couch.














This is one of JudyL's quilt for an hour projects. And that's how I did it. Just took an hour every (almost) evening and treated myself to some piecing time. And it really got done! All from stash and a "controlled scrappy" look.

















This is the Atkinson Designs pattern "Tic-Tac-Mo" But since it is all the colors I saw out my window this fall, It should be "Tic-Tac-Maine" Again, all from the stash.

So, my goals for December:

  • Keep up with the customer quilts
  • Finish at least one UFO for me
  • Post to my blog on a regular basis.
  • Stay strong and not buy any "just because" fabric.
  • Use some of the fabric I'm avoiding.

That seems like a plan- we'll see









"Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends...
Tell me where to get more wax!"
leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
http://www.blogger.com/www.TheCraftyUnicorn.com





2 comments:

Kim said...

Wow I love your color choices for the quilts and your quilting is excellent :)
Keep up the good work. I'm off to cut strips for quiltville's mystery- we have until THurs to finish our rail fence pieces -yikes!!!

JudyL said...

Love how your quilt for an hour quilt turned out. Can I snag that photo and add it to my webshots page for the QFAH quilts? You did a lot in November! Isn't it amazing to see how much we did when we actually list it all?