Thursday, December 06, 2007

I Hate Snow!

It snowed on Monday...All Day on Monday...and on Tuesday...All Day Tuesday... 14- 16 inches of that blasted white stuff. Yes, I know, it's picturesque, and I live in Maine, and it's December, but I still hate the stuff.




Maybe I'm just grumpy because while everyone else had a snow day, I didn't get to go 100 feet to my warm quilt studio and spend the day warm and productive. No, I had to drive 10 miles in the snow to my husband's radio station at 5:30 in the morning to handle the cancellation calls and record the announcements. He couldn't do it because he had to go to his regular (almost full time) job. So I guess the message here is when you hear those cancellation announcements on the radio or TV, remember, somebody went out in the mess, so you don't have to.






Enough whining about the snow- I did see something cool yesterday. The wind caused this interesting "wave" to form off the roof over the back door. I got pictures, but I'm glad it fell. It was right over the back door and those icicles could have hurt.






As far as quilting- not much going on with all the other schedule interruptions. I have just finished a customer quilt. It was just a panto on a lap throw. The actual quilting took about 4 hours, but it took 3 days to do it little bits at a time- ARGH! I have got to figure out a better schedule. Or should I say ANY schedule?







"Don't tell me not to burn the candle at both ends
Tell me where to get more wax!
leslie@theCraftyUnicorn.com
http://www.blogger.com/www.TheCraftyUnicorn.com

No comments: